About Me

My photo
I was born, I'm currently living, and will eventually die. After that I face my judgment, and we'll talk then.

Followers

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Surreal, for real

Alright, two surreal moments in one day is not fair. You shouldn't get me that excited about something. Alright, first A, then B

A) "Grampa, I have had a letter from Russia. . . " Siobhan shipped out more info on the Ireland trip. So now I have an exciting clump of papers to tell you about, but the real surreal thing involves who is going on the trip.
Now lets see here, ah, here's the list. Alright, now who's going on this thing. Lets see here. I'm only gonna put the names I recognize:
Julian Ahlquist, Matt Bowman, Dr. and Mr. Burns, Fr. Heisler, Nikole Hill, Lisa Hudson, Dr. & Mrs. Keats, Bobby Lancaster, Katherine Melton, Flannery O'Connor, Dr., Mrs., Dubh, & Bridget O'Donnell, Me, Catherine Trojack. . .
And Senator Rick Santorum's entire family. Like there are 8 of them going (blame him if you wanted seats, but were rejected).
So surreal moment #1 is that I'm going to spend 2 weeks in Ireland with Senator Santorum. I think that's pretty darn surreal.

B) So my mom gets the Angelus Press catalog. No, we're not SSPX. They just sell some really good books. They sell, along with works from their own press, other books from other publishers. For example, in the catalog that we received yesterday, there were several Dr. Carroll books in there. Well anyway, so I was flipping around, seeing all the fun books describing why the SSPX is not in schism, and why Archbishop Lefebvre is really a saint, when I stumbled across this short (23 pages) book for $3.25: The Chapel Veil: Symbol of the Spouse. The title wasn't what caught my eye (of all the things traditional Catholics argue for the restoration of, chapel veils is low on my concerned list) but rather the authors, two young women: Elizabeth Black and Emily Griswold.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, I believe I know those people. I believe I went to school with them, and Lo! they have a published work. That's pretty surreal, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment