About Me

My photo
I was born, I'm currently living, and will eventually die. After that I face my judgment, and we'll talk then.

Followers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

"To Medusa"

A message to writers:
When you are in class, do not feel as if you should pay attention. If you feel inspiration, write it down. It could be gold like this. Think of it. You too could be writing Haiku sequences to Medusa.
How romantic!


"To Medusa" by Matthew Rose

Gorgon, my Gorgon

I gaze on that sweetest face.

Stone, my own face turns.


O Medusa, dear,

Let us talk a while here,

Make our wedding plans.


Shall it be had here,

Or closer to your own Greece,

Under olive trees?


Who should we invite?

Who can stand to see your grace?

Who can witness love?


My love, they will bide

While we promise each other

Our entire life.


"I do, I, I do."

I say it with gleeful pride.

And she says it too.


And I raise her veil.

I gaze into her eyes; and

There I stand today.

1 comment: