About Me

My photo
I was born, I'm currently living, and will eventually die. After that I face my judgment, and we'll talk then.

Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday revised

Even in the darkened days of this blog (I realized I haven't posted anything substantial in a VERY long time), one post here shines above the rest in interest from visitors: my college essay on T. S. Eliot's Ash Wednesday.  It was never supposed to be a perfect essay, but the help of several readers encouraged me to fix some issues in the text.  I have re-uploaded the essay, this time with the corrections noted by the readers, to the original post's entry.  I figure this is simpler than re-uploading the whole essay.  At the same time, I hope that the essay continues to help those who seek the riches of Eliot's poetry.

Happy Lent!

Ibid



P. S.  One reader asked about the use of Ibid.  I will here provide a brief explanation.  When citing sources in papers and books, one often cites the same work repeatedly.  When one cites the same source consecutively, one may use "Ibidem," meaning "In the same place," or its abbreviation, "Ibid."  So when you see a footnote that says, "Ibid," it is in reference to the source that immediately proceeded it.

You may also note that my blogger name is Ibid.  This is a carryover from my college years at Christendom. Ibid was my nickname back then (my friends even started a blog, where Ibid was my username), and I decided to use it for this blog.

I hope that clears up the confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment